Shanna's Reviews > Good Girls

Good Girls by Laura Ruby

Apr 05, 10

bookshelves: on-the-shelf
Read in March, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Summary: Audrey goes from party to party, just to be and hook up with the biggest playboy of the school, Luke. Though you shouldn't always believe what you hear. Getting a picture taken by an unknown person, Audrey's whole life comes crashing down. Not only does the boy she loves turns his back against her, but also her dad and later on even her best friend. Trying to overcome every rumour and the picture that haunts her everyday, Audrey decides for a change. Dying her hair, she becomes another person. Will Audrey ever get her normal life back again or does she need to learn how to cope with the mess that's been made? It's a book about making new friends on the weirdest occasions and learning to forgive people for their mistakes.

My Review: I quite enjoyed this book. It was funny and really honest about how teenagers are and what we do. And that rumours aren't always true.
When I found out what the photograph was and how it was spread around the whole school I felt for Audrey. I mean, nobody deserves that, it's harsh and cruel. She actually didn't have any privacy any more. I couldn't really understand the reason why Pam did it. I mean yeah she got made out for a whore and everything. But still, you shouldn't have that as a reason to ruin someone else's life.
All with all, I enjoyed this book very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Girls.