Boof's Reviews > You Belong to Me

You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark

Mar 18, 2010

bookshelves: comfort-reading, read-in-2010, thrillers-mystery-crime, usa
Read from March 15 to 17, 2010

A young radio journalist, Susan Chandler, decides to do a new series on her show about women who just vanish without trace. With the help of a book written by psychiatrist Donald Richards (whos own wife disappeared) she begins her new series with a piece on the unsolved disappearance of Regina Clausen who vanished into thin air whilste on a round-the-world cruise three years ago. When Susan started the show, what she didn't bargain for was a mysterious call from a frightened lady calling herself "Karen" and who said that she was approached by a man on a cruise ship two years ago and who gave her a turquoise ring with the word "you belong to me" on it.

When Susan recieves another call from a young girl who also has a ring, alarm bells start to ring and soon anyone who seems to have any sort of tenuous link to the mysterious man who has been buying the rings start turning up dead. With the usual several possible suspects, all of which have some link to Susan, it becomes a race against time to catch the culprit before Susan becomes his next victim.

As always, I love Mary Higgins Clark books. I love the feeling of knowing you're in for a good ride before you even begin: the strong female protagonist, the list of potential culprits with several red herrings thown in for good measure and the short chapters that have you declaring "just one more" before you find you have read the whole thing. This lady never lets me down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Belong to Me.