Jas's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Feb 24, 11

Read from February 23 to 24, 2011

I have an urge to shout "You're killin' me Smalls!!" I also love anyone who understands that reference. In any case, I am extremely excited and impatiently awaiting this book. I wish I had known before hand what kind of crazy a** ending Dreamfever was going to have and then I would have waited to read it--scratch that, I should have waited for the whole series. On the other hand, it is rather interesting to develop my own alternate endings for the series. Does anyone else do this?

Also, I'm tempted to read KMM's Highlander series but to be honest, they sound kind of .... boring when I read their synopsis. So if anyone who loved the Faefever series likes them, let me know and I'll work on getting over my prejudice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Comments (showing 1-20)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

The friend who loaned me the fever books reads the highlander books not only because she reads any romance novel but also because they tie into the fever books by going over a lot of druid/fae history. I've since found out another friend read the highlander books trying to figure out who/what barrons is.

I've read a few highlander books now. They're maybe a little more romance novel than the fever books are but they're quick easy reads and I don't think you need to read them in order.

Mahina Do it! They are definitely more Romance than Fantasy but they are great! I also recommend listening to the audiobooks.
Like Stephanie mentioned, it provides some background to the Fever series. I'm almost positive Darroc is in the 6th book of the Highlander series.

message 18: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas I really wish I had known about the Highlander series before I started the Fever series....I mean, if they are related in the druid and fae history then I'm sure I'd have more insight into what's going to happen in the Fever series......I think I'll def. give 'em a try!

Mahina Me, too! Plus, it would have taken me longer to start reading the Fever series and hopefully I'd still be reading them and not sitting here waiting for book 5 :o)

message 16: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas hahaha, that is an excellent point! But at least those highlanders can keep us occupied in the meantime :)

message 15: by Gemma (last edited Apr 03, 2010 11:34PM) (new)

Gemma I read the Highlander books after the Fever books hoping to get some background info, but I think they've just made me more confused :L
You can see the beginnings of the Fever world in them, but now I feel like I'm going to have to re-read everything if I want to guess at stuff properly... :(
I was hoping I'd get an idea of what Barrons is, but so far I'm drawing a complete blank... It's all so vague! And I was sure that was Darroc too, but it only really reminded me of what a psycho he is :|
I thought Shadowfever was going to be the last, which would make the wait more bearable, but someone said there are six books, which makes me want to give up on life :L

message 14: by Jas (last edited Apr 04, 2010 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas WHAT??!!!! She cannot have 6 books. Wasn't there only supposed to be four originally? I think she has met her quota for slippin a fast one...haha And I'm already so confused and on edge about the Fever books, because I literally have NO idea what's going to happen, that hopefully the Highlanders will just entertain me...I swear though, if Barron's is dead I'm gonna freak out. lol

Angelina Haha! I love the Sandlot! :)

message 12: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas ;) I'm glad someone knew my reference! And it is such a good movie!

Angelina Yes it is :) I remember watching it over and over when I was younger. By the way, I've read both series of KMM's and I love them both. The first Highlander book I found to be really boring and I had to struggle to finish it, but they were better after that. I totally second Mahina's suggestion to listen to the audiobooks. Phil Gigante (who does the reading for them) does awesome accents and he makes the books so fun! Give it a try!

message 10: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas I haven't ever done an audio book before...I wonder if I'll be able to concentrate...then again, it might actually help me get through a work out lol!! And it would def. help to have someone do the accents!

Angelina Lol! Yeah definitely give it a try if you work out. I listen to books while running, it definitely makes a tough run go by faster! Plus, sometimes there is just not enough time in the day to sit an read for an hour or so like I'd want to, audio books give you the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone ;)

message 8: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas haha, I think I will! Maybe it will work to keep me from getting bored while I'm on the treadmill...honestly, its more of a work-out to convince myself there aren't a million more entertaining things I could be doing! LOL

message 7: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas What a teaser!!! I'm even more excited for this book!! Thankfully Moning says there is light at the end of the tunnel, LOL, because this blurb....definitely not upbeat!

Ashley Ok, first of all anyone who doesn't know that reference is just sad! The Sandlot is amazing...Second of all I totally make up my own endings to books, even while I am reading them!...Third of all you may want to read the Highlander series...it's a bit cheese-tastic because of the Romance Novel thing...but it give a lot of information about the Fae stuff that will help the Fever books make more sense! And they are super fast to read!

message 5: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas I actually did end up reading the first two books in her highlander series....and they were...alright?? I dunno- I guess I was expecting the same excitement that she has in her Faefever books but not so much- which was a let down! I guess I could slowly read them since I have till december :( LOL but you are right, they are fast reads!

Dale "They say the Jet has lost a step. . . "

Terri You know, I prefer your review to other based on the fact that I DOOOOO get your reference to "Smalls" and use that phrase quite frequently with my 3 boys. :) Happy Reading! (I read the Highlander series before Fever, and I agree that reading them after would leave them flat. I do think that regardless of the book, however, Moning can make her men in print seem like sex on a stick and sometimes you just need that. LOL!

message 2: by Jas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jas Oh yeah, Moning definitely knows how to make a man stick in your mind!

message 1: by JoEllen (new)

JoEllen I always say "You're killing me, Smalls!". I loved the Highlander series but you can skip the first few and start with Kiss of the Highlander.