Jessica B's Reviews > Forever

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: own, best-ive-read-in-2011, favorite
Read in August, 2011 — I own a copy

From shutupimreading.blogspot.com

There is no feeling in the world like the one you get when you read the last book in one of your favorite series. You're excited because you know it'll be amazing, but also depressed because your character's story are coming to an end and you're just not quite ready to say goodbye. This creates a whole new, indescribable emotion in you that you can't really get any other way. The last time I felt this was about one year ago, when I read Mockingjay, and it's what I felt when I started Forever.

Much like Mockingjay, a lot of people seem to be disappointed by the way this series finished. And--just like when I read Mockingjay--I have to disagree with those people.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series has some of my favorite characters ever. Ever. Sam, Grace, Cole, Isabel...I would've read a million more books about them. (And still will. HINT HINT.) But I'm happy. Stiefvater did justice to these character's end with her always poetic and suspenseful writing that I want to memorize. She's one of my very favorite authors, and I will read anything she ever decides to write.

Much like it's predecessors, Forever was romantic, impossible-to-put-down, and absolutely heartbreaking for so many reasons. I fell hard for Forever, just as I expected. This is one of my top favorite series ever and now I guess I'll just be rereading it as soon as I possibly can.

Plot: As usual, those who crave action won't love it. But I thought it was incredibly suspenseful and amazing.
Characters: The only thing I dislike about them? They're not--technically--real. :(
Writing: So. Fricking. Amazing.
Ending: I liked it. It wasn't perfectly wrapped up, but I feel like that's kinda appropriate for this story.
Kid friendly? There's some swearing, drinking, and sex.
Should I read it? READ THIS SERIES.
Overall: Do you even have to ask? 5 stars, all the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

08/01/2011 page 128
33.0% 2 comments
08/03/2011 page 340
88.0% "So sad that it's almost over..."
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I just picked up Shiver from the library --- looking forward to reading this series!

Jessica B Oh my gosh, I love it so much. I hope you do too. :)

Jenn Did Grace become human forever?

Kaitlyn I am almost done! Its really good.