Hilda's Reviews > Breakfast at Tiffany's

Mar 15, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: romance, classic-never-dies, owned
Read in March, 2010

Oh, everyone has seen the movie or read this book, so why do I have to bother myself to write a review?

Because, truly, I just read the book this week, and have never seen the movie completely. Shame for me, because I declare my self as Audrey Hepburn fans. And I didn’t know that the book has different ending until I read it yesterday! Silly me.

Okay, as you may already know, this book is a story about a beauty, carefree girl Holly Golightly. I’d rather call her ‘girl’ because she is only nineteen years old. Well, in her early ages, she has lived a fabulous life. Dating every rich man she wants, wearing every kind of dress and jewelry, and absolutely, having breakfast at tiffany. Holly is a carefree one too, when you start loving her and wants to posses her; she would run and break your heart. She might be every girl’s dream to be, but behind the glamour life, she left every thing she loves behind.

Holly’s solitude and yearning is seen when she meets a man, the narrator of the book. She calls him Fred, as she treats the narrator as his own brother Fred. She misses Fred indeed, but when she went to New York, she had decided to leave every trace of her past behind, even if it means leaving his only brother.

I would recommend you to read this while listening to ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’ by Deep Blue Something. The song would perfectly suit the book. Even tough Audrey Hepburn plays Holly Gollightly flawlessly; I myself think that Marilyn Monroe would suit the character best. Truman Capote himself made the book in inspiration of Marilyn Monroe would play it.

This book is a quick read, and tough I didn’t find it as much fantastic as everyone else said, I enjoyed it very much. Holly Golightly is amazing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast at Tiffany's.

message 1: by Alycia (new)

Alycia How is this book so far Hilda? I am interested in what you think of it... I may have to read it :)

Hilda It's pretty good, tough the end part is a bit different from the movie... a worth-read book I must say!
I'll review it soon :)

message 3: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Ok thanks for the info Hilda! Can't wait to read your review.

message 4: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Great review Hilda! I forgot about the song! I love it too.

Hilda Thank you Alycia! Reading this book while listening to the song made me feel the soul of this book. LOL

message 6: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I know what you mean! I like to listen to music sometimes too while reading. The music helps the book flow and I read faster too.

Hilda I ever tried to read a book while listening to a rock music, and resulted spinning head. I prefer to listen to pop or classical music while reading.:)

message 8: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I like classical for most books. I can listen to rock when I am reading a paranormal romance or urban fantasy book. If there is a lot of detail in the book and I have to really concentrate, I don't listen to any music.

Hilda Same here. Classical really helps when I read some intriguing scene.

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Marilyn Monroe replace Adrey Hepburn? I'm sorry, but Miss Monroe can't compare AT ALLu

Hilda I think both Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are amazing actresses. In my opinion, Miss Monroe is perfect for this book. She's like, the incarnation of Holly Golightly. LOL

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Hilda wrote: "I think both Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn are amazing actresses. In my opinion, Miss Monroe is perfect for this book. She's like, the incarnation of Holly Golightly. LOL"

DEFINITELY