Lynn's Reviews > The Privileges

The Privileges by Jonathan  Dee

Mar 15, 10

Read in March, 2010

I got into this book, despite its faults. It is the story of a NYC family - 2 parents 2 kids. This is a family of the new modern mega-rich hedge-fund variety and the book attempts to tell what these kinds of people are like and what makes them tick.

Two of the family members, the mother and the son, are done very well and are very interesting, and that is what I liked about the book. The father and the daughter are fuzzy and sort of stereotyped, which is why I don't give the book a higher rating.

I also felt a personal interest because the kids are Dalton students. I attended high school at Dalton in the 60s, and absolutely loved it. I have heard from friends who still live in NY that since the 1990s Dalton has become the THE school for the new super-rich. I don't remember the school being that way back in the day, though my brother tells me my memory is clouded( he also went to Dalton too), but I think it must have changed some because I know of only one of my former classmates who sent his own kids there, though perhaps half of them still live in NY.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Privileges.