Katelyn's Reviews > The Eternal Ones

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Aug 27, 10

bookshelves: arc, own
Read from August 18 to 26, 2010

Talk about true love and fairy tale romances...The Eternal Ones will have readers believing in soul mates. I love the idea of soul mates and star crossed lovers defying all odds to be with one another just as much as any girl who grew up reading fairy tales but The Enternal Ones has gotten to me like none of the others have. The story of Constance and Ethan and Haven and Iain had me falling in love. Kristen Miller knows how to hook a reader and hang on until only she's ready to let go.

Watching Haven grow up in a town so religious and strict that anything out of the traditional and conservative norm has the local townsfolk crying "demon" and "satan worshiper" was terrible to read. I've never experienced anything like that personally so it was tough to get through. I felt awful for Haven. She lives in a claustrophobic environment with her horrible grandmother trying to make up for her sordid past by way of her grandaughter's present situation and it's awful to watch. But with the bad, comes the good in Haven's best friend Beau (who is also looked down on for being gay) and he's with her through it all. I loved him to death! Their friendship was wonderful to witness and will make you appreciate you own friends that much more.

But the romance, oh the romance! Haven knows she used to be someone in another life and she knows she loved someone then and is being drawn to that someone again. Here is where Iain comes into play. He's not the same boy from the other life and time but he's still Ethan in so many ways. But like everything else, there's always a balance and with the good, bad follows. What is he hiding? Why is he lying? Will Haven be able to remember everything she needs to in time?

This is a favorite for me and I was sad to have to pass it on for the tour, but I will be going out to pick up my very own copy the first chance I get.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternal Ones.

08/23/2010 page 55
13.0% 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brandi wow 5 stars!!

Katelyn I really liked it :)

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) Sounds really interesting... I've added it to my ever-growing TBR list! Thx!

Katelyn No problem!