Tori [Bottles of Summer]'s Reviews > She's No Faerie Princess

She's No Faerie Princess by Christine Warren

Mar 14, 10

Read from February 27 to March 04, 2010 — I own a copy

Rafe and Tess reappear once more in this second installment and are their same witty, sarcastic selves. I'm delighted, and really wish that they had their own book focused on their relationship, but I suppose that's wishful thinking.

Walker and Fiona have an electric relationship, and the sex that they have is definitely steamy. But aside from them having sex, I was somewhat unconvinced at certain scenes about the "realness" of these characters and their relationship. Finoa's immortal and struggles with the fact that her mate is mortal. But then all of a sudden that problem gets conveniently solved by the end of the book. It appeared more like an afterthought than something that genuinely plagued the Faerie princess for a good portion of the story.

Then Walker is a complete ass in the beginning, only to suddenly pounce on Fiona a little while later. Maybe it's just me, but if there was a guy who was so delicious-looking-that-I-melted-into-jello-any-time-he-touched-me, and he was acting like a douche bag, I definitely wouldn't want to have sex with him after he treated me so horribly for a good two or three days. But Finoa is just incredulous for a good few kisses before she gives in. And he marks her as his mate. The first time they have sex.

Aside from the romance between the two characters taking a backseat to sex, I really did enjoy this book. There was a great plot, and I guessed right on who the bad guy was! Secondary characters were definitely what made the scenes that much more amusing for me. Babbage and Squick were hilarious!

If you liked Wolf at the Door, you probably will enjoy this book, so check it out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's No Faerie Princess.