ElaineY's Reviews > Hide Out

Hide Out by Katie Allen

Mar 23, 10

bookshelves: mm, romantic-suspense
Read from March 18 to 23, 2010

My first Katie Allen was a bit of a disaster. It was an M/M/F and bad enough to have girl cooties, the little critters were TSTL. Private Dicks, my next title by the author, didn't impress me either though I thought the two guys had a lot of potential. So I was a little unsure what I'd get with Hide Out which has the couple from PD making a major appearance

I needn't have worried. Hide Out is rather good. Both Pete and Trevor are likable though I thought Pete's uncertainty, towards the end, about whether Trevor wants a permanent relationship, rather forced. There was nothing to justify Pete thinking Trevor would up and leave now that the threat over his head had been permanently removed. However, this is a very small quibble and not even a complaint - just remarking - because overall, I found HO a fast-paced, enjoyable read.

Wash's and Rhodes' appearance gave this story a warm, feel-good tone as I liked that young Trevor had these guys looking out for him and cared enough to turn up in Honeysuckle, the small town where Trevor and Pete are hiding undercover as a gay couple, to check on him.

A murder in their neighborhood provided a surprisingly good aside to the main suspense plot and both wrap up nicely, if a little too simply. I'll be checking out the next Katie Allen, for sure, if she doesn't add any girl cooties to the mix, that is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide Out.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

ElaineY I'm hoping I'll like this one more than Private Dicks.

ElaineY J recommended this one so i'll bump it up.

message 3: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy I think i'll read the 2 books together then. Fantastic review, Elaine!

ElaineY Thanks, Rossy. Yes, I recommend reading them back to back since Wash and Rhodes are in this second book at least three quarters of it. It was nice to see them finally emotionally and psychologically settled with one another.