CorLostForWords's Reviews > You Are So Undead to Me

You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

Mar 14, 10

The title is quite tongue in cheek and sets the tone for this novel. I've never honestly been a fan of zombie books, so this one was refreshingly better than most. I found it quite lighthearted and endearing. Megan has powers that she doesn't want; she just wants to lead a normal life. Sadly, she seems to stumble upon zombies wherever she goes and has to deal with them without getting killed in the process. I really enjoyed the characters that we saw, they were predictable in places, but in other characters there were some surprising twists. I find that because of how many mystery/suspense/thriller books that I have read, I'm rarely surprised with endings anymore, however I didn't know the reasoning to why certain people did what they did, so it was nice to find out why they were committing these acts. It was definitely a "bubblegum" version of zombies, but I seem to like that a lot more than the apocalyptic versions. (I normally hate reading about zombies.) The book was a quick and easy read, and it was good. It is definitely something that I'd recommend to those who were unsure of zombie fiction, as well as those well-versed in the genre. All in all a good book to add to your to be read list, especially after something dark and tense. The antics and scenarios that Megan gets into will definitely have you laughing out loud and shaking your head at her, respectively.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are So Undead to Me.