Jennifer's Reviews > Seers of Light

May 18, 10

Recommended to Jennifer by: Jennifer DeLucy
Recommended for: Everyone
I own a copy, read count: 2 so far

WOW, does not begin to cover my feelings for this book - about this book.

I picked it up, not 100% sure what I was getting myself into...but WOW, it belew me away...I was not prepared for the journey I took, for the story that unfolded before me.

It's an amazing tale, with beautifully written text. Never before have I read a book with as much dialogue, and I thought at first I might not like it, but I could not have been further from the truth...

It's amazing the way that Jennifer DeLucy was able to weave a story like this one...I am still lost in the words! And that epilogue was heartbreaking - as where the last chapters.

This one had me reeling - I mean it's scary...I was bitting my nails and jumping when the thunder hit (lucky me to be reading it during a thunder storm right) which just does NOT happen for me, the last time I read a book that had me truly scared was The Stand, I love the philological thrillers!

Full review to come...I hope, I can get my mind together enough to give you an accurate review! 5 stars does not cut it with this one...it deserves more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seers of Light.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Jennifer DeLucy
“Sod off, you hopeless prude.”

Jennifer DeLucy
“No matter the deviation, all things come full circle. You begin and end your journey in the same place, but with a different set of eyes. - Abram”

Jennifer DeLucy
“From the beginning, the only thing I couldn’t tolerate about you was how impossible you were to ignore.”

Jennifer DeLucy
“The truth is, I'd give it all up, the sentience, the endowments, and I'd go back to Scranton and work in that damned store and stock fucking Pez dispensers for the rest of my life if it meant that I could still be with you until I die. ”

Jennifer DeLucy
“Seek me not in this place, for we all live on.”

Jennifer DeLucy
“Kiss me goodbye now. And make it impressive. I have issues with my short term memory. - Lily, Seers of Light”

Jennifer DeLucy
“Holding on for dear life, I was overcome with the perfect nearness of him, the ache of human solitude nearly conquered.”

“Are you dead?”

Jennifer DeLucy
“Your attempt at GQ has, tragically, ended in douche-bag. - Anna, Seers of Light”

Jennifer DeLucy
“You can throw me across the forest but you can't open a lid? - William, Seers of Light”

“Back to the house.'
The house?'
Yes. You know...the oversized box in which we live?”

Jennifer DeLucy
“Well, there are also prescribed methods for entering a room. Must you always be stealthy like the ninja?'
Like the ninja,' he repeated, smirking. “I’m that good, huh?’
Come to think of it, you never announce yourself. Just, poof, and "Oh, look, William’s here."'- Lily and William, Seers of Light”

03/22/2010 page 107
27.02% ":D"
03/22/2010 page 161
40.66% "OMG William <3 Christian ugh..."
03/22/2010 page 280
70.71% "SOO GOOD!"
03/22/2010 page 350
88.38% "I dont want to finish...."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani I guess I'll have to run out and find a copy right away! :)

Jennifer It was good enough that I would, though I am having Jennifer come by my blog for the Birthday Bash so you might win a copy - but it's an amazing book - at least I thought so!

message 3: by A.O. (new) - added it

A.O. Peart I'm adding it to my TBR shelf :-)

Jennifer YEAH so happy to hear that!

message 5: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic Liked you review. Hadn't heard of this book before but it sounds good. Added to my TBR pile!

Jennifer :) You will like it I think, my full review will come soon - I put just a few thoughts here for now, the full review has alot ALOT more - LOL I had to write it last night darn book would not let me sleep till I got my thoughts out!