Bird's Reviews > Changeless

Changeless by Gail Carriger

Oct 18, 10

bookshelves: historical-fiction, read-in-2010, paranormal
Read in April, 2010

I liked this one quite a bit, and the steampunk elements of the series are also starting to grow on me. I could do without the long descriptions of what the certain pieces of technology look like and how they function, but overall is wasn't offensive.

This novel has been described by other reviews as more of a mystery rather than a romance, like the first one was. While I did enjoy the mystery aspect, I don't like that it was included at the expense of the romance between Conall and Alexia. I think they are a completely adorable couple, and I would have liked to see more scenes featuring them. Instead, their relationship takes a back seat to other events in the novel. I also wish there had been more scenes narrated by Conall, because I love seeing Alexia through his eyes.

And the cliffhanger. What can I say? I'm howling and stomping my feet over the stupidity of men, and hoping that one certain man will redeem himself in the next installment, because this reader happens to be quite fond of the man in question.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeless.