Kelsey's Reviews > Undead Much

Undead Much by Stacey Jay

Mar 14, 2010

Read in October, 2009 — I own a copy

I really enjoyed Undead Much? And although I’m not sure which book I liked better, this one or You Are So Undead to Me, I found this another refreshing book from Stacey Jay. I was worried there might be a little repetition in the plot, but there wasn’t at all. Megan had all new adventures and there were a lot of new secrets uncovered about Megan’s past. Some of her old enemies came back to haunt her, and she became more powerful. The main plot was intriguing, but I really liked a lot of the sub-plots as well. I don’t want to give anything away, but there were new mysteries revolving around Megan’s dad, Jess, and Settlers in general.

In You Are So Undead to Me I felt like Settling took a back seat for more normal things- like the romance between Ethan and Megan. In Undead Much? it was the opposite- Settling was the main plot, and Ethan and Megan’s relationship only came into play on occasion, and I liked it that way. It was easier for me to understand what was going on in the zombie world and I enjoyed reading the scenes with Megan and Ethan without feeling overwhelmed. The zombie genre is really taking off and I’m looking forward to reading more books about the undead in the future. The ending of Undead Much? also left room for another book in the series. There were a lot of cliff hangers that left me wondering what was going to happen. The ending was great, but it definitely left me wanting the sequel! Jay’s writing style is funny and refreshing and Megan’s first person narrative really kept the story moving. All in all I would definitely recommend Undead Much? to fans of You Are So Undead to Me and anyone who hasn’t read the first book, you definitely should!

In addition, the cover is really cool- I love the couple hugging against the white moon. The zombie hand rising out of the ground definitely adds to the effect!

Overall: 4 out of 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead Much.