Kelsey's Reviews > Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro

Mar 14, 2010

bookshelves: finished-copies-review, signed
Read in October, 2009 — I own a copy

Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress was a great read; I started it and finished it all in one day. It wasn’t just the fact that I really liked Nicolette and felt like I knew her already, I liked the unique plot and the important messages the novel was relaying. Friendship and family had big roles in Top Ten Uses and honesty did, too. I really liked Alison and Nicolette’s friendship and I’m glad everything worked out for them in the end. I could see Alison’s side as well as Nic’s so I think it was fair how they worked things out. I knew from the start I didn’t like Rascal, he was one of those playboy’s who just make you want to cringe. Jared was a great character and his and Nic’s relationship was so cute. One thing about Top Ten Uses was the characters- they were just how I expected- Kylie was the beautiful, popular girl dating the “hot” football star, while Nic and Alison were just gliding by under the radar. It was cute, and maybe a little predictable, but I really enjoyed it.

All in all, Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress was really good. This was Tina Ferraro’s debut novel for teens, so I’m definitely looking forward to reading more of her books. I really liked the ending of Top Ten Uses and it was a cause I’d never known about before. Donating your prom dress so more girls get to have their special moment is a great thing to do, especially since most girls never wear theirs again, I’ll definitely have to find out more about it. The cover also really fit the book. It was pink and frilly and the dress with numbers was a great idea!

In addition, Top Ten Uses is a great read for any girl. It shows how important friendships are, and that sometimes you need to compromise. Nicolette’s life was complicated at times, but she proved that you can overcome anything if you believe you can. If you’re looking for a light, chick-lit read, with great sub-plots and characters, Top Ten Uses For An Unworn Prom Dress is the book for you. Also, I loved the headings of each chapter that shared a use for an unworn prom dress- very cute and original. Looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future!

Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress.