Melindeeloo's Reviews > Silver Borne

Apr 10, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read on April 07, 2010

More Fae trouble and 'Pack 101' - another great Mercy offering from Briggs

The main dilemma in Silver Borne makes it a Fae-centric offering, but since trouble comes in threes: Mercy's also having issues with the pack bond and some pack members who are unhappy with a coyote in the pack, also things are not right with Samuel and Mercy's going to find out just how serious a problem that is. Mercy is a magnet for trouble as always - that's a given - but the resolutions to problems with the pack, and the kidnapping of a friend are good. Also Mercy's relationship with Adam finally solidifies.

I had a few really nervous moment while reading Silver Borne. I was really worried for a while that we were going to lose Samuel - old werewolves loose the will to live after awhile and Samuel is really old. Fortunately, while Samuel the human has given up, Sam the wolf doesn't want to die and the wolf takes over for awhile and even though having 'the wolf in charge' is normally an immediate death sentence, Mercy manages to buy Sam some time while she desperately tries to find a 'win' in what is rapidly becoming a 'no win' situation.

I loved the whole story, both the character and plot elements were well crafted but one thing that I found extremely interesting in Silver Borne is that with Samuel's dilemma, the pack problems and a later piece related to the pack in the story (Mercy calls it Pack 101 after the fact), we get to learn a lot more about the weres in Briggs' universe.

I love Briggs, and read this way too fast. Now the long wait for the next one begins.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Borne.