BoekenTrol's Reviews > Angst voor de nacht

Angst voor de nacht by Jeffery Deaver

May 24, 10

bookshelves: bookcrossing, books-i-own, crime-thrillers-espionage, dutch_language
Read from May 09 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: twice
BCID: 7859679

I liked "the Bone Collector" by this author very much and therefore I decided that I wanted to read more books by him. This one is also good. No Lyncoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs, but Michael Hrubek, an escaped shizophrenic man and Lis Atcheson, the woman he is going to.

The warden, his doctor, the police, everybody underestimates what Hrubek is capable of. He hasn't taken his medication and is more clear in his head than ever, planning his trip, using what he finds on his way.
Lis is hiding things, keeping secrets form her husband and others that are close to her.

While "the storm of the century" is blowing over, her house is nearly floaded with water, Lis (together with us as readers) finds out the thruth of all that happened in the months before. And the outcome surprised me very much.

A good read, although the misfortune of Lis and her sister in the house, keeping them from going to a safe hotel is quite far fetched from time to time. That is, for me, unbelievable, but not to an extent that it got annoying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angst voor de nacht.

05/21/2010 page 47
10.56% "Good read so far."
05/23/2010 page 256
57.53% "I keep reading... should be reading one of the others, though, but I just can't put this one down..."
show 1 hidden update…