Peachy's Reviews > Trust Me

Trust Me by Jeff Abbott

2095554
Mar 13, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: 9-11, abandonment, cliche, espionage, survival, suspense, terrorism
Read in March, 2010

Trust ME, do not waste your time!

I picked this one up from my library blind, like I sometimes do when I'm waiting for my holds to come in. I choose a random letter and pick up whatever book is first in that section of Fiction. ('A' being the random letter this time, of course.) Sometimes this works out and I get to read and enjoy a book that I otherwise never would have read. Then there are instances like this one where I pick up a dud and curse myself the whole time I'm reading it.

Honing in on a current and hot topic – terrorism - this is sure to be a hit for some, I suppose. Add to that a cat-and-mouse chase where the mouse is the one with nine lives, as he is able to flee from the bad guys like he is some kind of Jason Bourne character - minus the special training and experience - and I start to lose interest.

If you're into suspense thrillers where completely implausible scenarios keep playing out, to the point where you think the author is sitting back having a laugh while he insults your intelligence, then giver' a go. For me, I'm just bitter about the 4-some-odd hours of my life that I'll never get back, and will seriously be reconsidering my ‘lucky dip’ practices at the library.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust Me.

03/18/2010 page 97