Becky's Reviews > The Hero of Ages

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

Dec 16, 15

bookshelves: owned, politicalish, 2011, apocalyptic-types, fantasy, favorites, highly-recommended, religion-y, reviewed, leg-hump_worthy, ebook_nook, signed-by-author
Read from February 26 to March 12, 2011

Awesome.

Ok, that's not enough for this review. But really, that's all that needs to be said. This whole series is flippin' awesome. The last book was not at all what I thought it would be - it was better.

I know I'm reading a good book when I set it down because I don't like the events that are unfolding. You might say, "Umm, doesn't that mean that you don't like the book?" No. It means that I'm so invested in the book that I don't want bad things to happen to the characters that I love. It's my mini-version of putting the book in the freezer, like Joey from 'Friends' does with The Shining when it gets scary. When things get too tense for me with the characters, I have to take a mental break.

I loved the way that religion, choice, and pure faith played into this series. History and prophecy and knowledge in general, too. I love how everything, even the smallest, most seemingly insignificant detail, comes together and meshes perfectly. I love the way that this story unfolds, even when it breaks my heart. I love the writing and the thought that went into it, and the concepts not only of the fantasy aspects or Allomancy, but the things that pertain to real people every day.

UGH! This series is so good I want to go right back to the beginning and read it all again.

OK... I'm going to get real technical right now.
**WARNING: Those pregnant or wearing pacemakers or Victorian ladies or those otherwise weak of constitution, please avert your eyes. I cannot be held accountable if what I say next shocks you. **

THIS SERIES IS FUCKING FANTASTIC. I WANT TO HUMP BRANDON SANDERSON'S LEG FOR WRITING IT. LOVE LOVE LOVE, GUSH GUSH GUSH. READ IT NOW.
(And by "now" I mean yesterday.)

The end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hero of Ages.

02/26/2011 page 1
0.0% 1 comment
show 8 hidden updates…

Louise This reminded me that I still need to finish this series. I started a bit of the second book but got distracted.

Flannery I want to watch you hump BS's leg for writing this so I can laugh hysterically and take pictures to post on Goodreads. Talk about fangirling! :)

Becky I'm starting a line... Hugh Laurie, Joe Hill, Brandon Sanderson and Stephen King (just on general principle for being my all time fav). Make sure you have a good memory card in your camera! ;)

message 4: by Flannery (last edited Mar 12, 2011 09:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Flannery Ooo-ee! Father AND son? Now that is getting a little risque, don't you think?

Becky *sigh* A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.