Rick Segers's Reviews > Heely Baby Days of Beach Music: Stories and Remembrances of a Southern Music Genre

Heely Baby Days of Beach Music by Greg Haynes

Mar 13, 10

This is a great book looking at the southern phenomenon known as beacgh music. Now this is not the Beach Boys/Jan and Dean music. This is the Embers, the Swinging Medallions, the Tams and hundreds of other bands that criss-crossed the south playing frat parties, pavilions, cotillions, weddings and more. Many of the bands are still playing to audiences of the children and grand children they performed for decades ago.

The only negative I have of this book, is its gargantuan size as noted by another reviewer. You are not a casual reader of this book. You commit to it. Plus you almost need a special shelf built just to hold it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heely Baby Days of Beach Music.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrew I've been storing it on the top of my dresser, and I just realized last night that over the course of a few months it's bowed in the wood. NOTHING can contain this monster!