Sandra Stiles's Reviews > Illusion

Illusion by Edmond Cheng

Mar 13, 2010

bookshelves: christian, thriller, adult
Read in January, 2010

Illusion - something that deceives by producing a false impression of reality. This book lived up to that definition. Illusion is the story of Thomas a man who is warned in a seres of visions about the murder of his friend Jonathon. He tries everything to tell Jonathon that his wife is going to kill him. I won't say more because it would definitely give the plot away. I loved the way the story started with two people carrying something down the beach and loading it in a boat. It isn't until it is dropped over the side of the boat you realize it is a body. I really thought I knew where this story was going. Bam! I hit a wall. Edmond Cheng threw so many twists and turns into his story that I was pleasantly surprised. He knows how to keep the plot so enticing you keep reading only to find out what you thought was itself an illusion.

I will definitely visit the Midnight Showcase and check out more of their work. I recommend all four of these authors to anyone who loves mystery, suspense and thrillers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusion.