Darcy's Reviews > Angel-Seeker

Angel-Seeker by Sharon Shinn

May 31, 10

bookshelves: 2010, fantasy
Read on May 31, 2010

This one has to be my favorite of the series. I do find it odd that, this the last book, is set just a few years after the first one. If I had a complaint about this series that would be it. The books are all over the place in time but not necessarily in book number order.

Both of the woman in this story were extremely likeable, each for their own reasons, Rebekka, in her innocence and openness for life and Elizabeth, in her world weary view, wanting to just be safe and wanted in her life. Each of these women had different goals, but found out that often in life what you hope for isn't always what is good for you.

I did like learning more of the angel seekers, but have to say that I really thought bad about them and can see where everyone else did too, they are little more than whores with the end goal to have an angel baby. You really have to wonder about women who feel that is their only goal or worth in life.

I also felt sorry, for the first time, for the Jansai women. They are nothing more than property and are subject to the men in their lives whims.

Again we spent time with the Edori, who are by far my favorite group of people within this series.

I am a little sad to see this series come to an end as the world is a fun place to spend time. I also liked to see how much things in their world changed, whether for good or bad is up to you to decide.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel-Seeker.