Erica (daydreamer)'s Reviews > The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Apr 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: copy-covers, release-in-2009, ya, lds-authors, 2011-reads, werewolves
Read from April 16 to 17, 2011

Well, for the most part I liked it. I liked the characters and was interested in their stories. But in in the end I decided it wasn’t all that great. It's kind of unoriginal. Just another werewolf romance story. And I think that this book would have been fine as a stand alone novel, instead of trying to stretch it out into a trilogy, which seems to be a must in practically all authors minds. And it looks like there's a possible love triangle in the next book, and Grace's and Daniel's love is tried. *sigh* That seems to happen a lot in the second book of series. Got to keep up the tension and suspense I suppose. And The Dark Divine wouldn’t be a YA paranormal romance if the boy didn’t sneak onto the roof of the girl’s house. At least the parents, for the most part, approved of Daniel.
So, I didn't dislike this book, it's just more lackluster than intriguing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.

Steph Sinclair How are you liking it so far?

Erica (daydreamer) I like it. Nothing special, but it's pretty good.

Steph Sinclair I think the second one was better. But I find this series a little predictable.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist Totally get what you're saying about lackluster. I really liked this one, but it does seem to be a sort of hit or miss book. Great review! :)

Erica (daydreamer) Thanks Amelia! Yeah, I'm sure there will be many who love this book. I liked it, it just wasn't amazing.