BoekenTrol's Reviews > Morpheus

Recommended to BoekenTrol by: kiki1928
Recommended for: all thrillerfans
Read from March 13 to 27, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: once
BCID: 7795586

After I read Cupido, I was very curious about this book. How C.J. would be doing, if Bantling really was put away etc.

At first, I had no idea that this was the second book n a row, because it started 'all over' again. Only in the course of the story one finds out how this second book is linked to the first.
That is okay, though.

I was a bit disappointed however, by this second book. I can't exactly tell you why. The thing is, that it didn't keep me reading as the first one did. I was not so very curious, anxious to find out how it would end this time. With all events happening I never had the (almost) unbearable tension of 'will justice be done? will all end well?'

I will not give away a lot about the book. The ending, when this one case is involved is okay, a bit predicatable and sort of repetition of events, but okay. When the realtionship is involved, the ending is nice, a result of the end of the case at hand.
I just want to say that I find the totally open end to the whole book very frustrating. I have no idea if there's a third book (already) and that bothers me, because I want to know how it ENDS. Be it happy, be it a sad ending, I need a dot to the story somewhere.

I think it is very well worth reading. I will not read this a second time, I hope I'll not be waiting for a third book that will never be written.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morpheus.

03/13/2010 page 7
1.75% "I'm so very curious if I will like this second one as well as the first!!"
03/17/2010 page 45
11.25% "The start is VERY good. *jumps for joy* Look forward to the rest of the book :-)"
03/27/2010 page 400