Krista Ashe's Reviews > When God Winks at You: How God Speaks Directly to You Through the Power of Coincidence

When God Winks at You by Squire Rushnell

Mar 13, 10

bookshelves: my-110-of-2010-books
Read in March, 2010

Even though I have almost two shelves full of "inspriational" books, I picked this one up the other day. Why? Because right now my life is still a series of question marks. And to be 30 and still have question marks along the major pathways is difficult. Will my book(s) sell? When will they sell? When will I finally find the right guy and get married? When will I become a mom? I'm totally searching for answers to these questions and to understand what's going on in my life.

The really cool thing about this book is how he talked as a writer about getting the idea, the process of writing, being ready to give up on his writing career entirely, and then boom, he gets a godwink. A small pub takes him out and through the power of God's plan he ultimately lands at a major publishing house. I loved the story about how he soo wanted to be on Oprah to talk about Godwinks. For some reason, it always seemed to come close and fall through(the book had been passed to an assistant, etc.) Then one day he gets a phone call that as Oprah was doing a televised tour of her home, she picked up HIS book off her nightstand. Things went from there.

Great stories of Godwinks from everyone from Billy Grahm to Diane Lane to Tim Conway. However, the stories I enjoyed the most were the real life people and how Godwinks effected their lives. Overall, it really made me realize how much God is working in my life, even when I don't think he is. I'm just waiting to raise my eyes to the heavens and nod, fully realizing how the plan has unfolded.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When God Winks at You.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kianaw Very well said. I feel the exact same way. I'm 32 years young, and I need a breakthrough in the love department! I will soon be reading "When Godwinks on Love," and I hope that maybe it will be able to give me a little more insight about finding love. At any rate, I wish you the best in all of your endeavors, and I pray that the blessings of the Lord will chase you down and overtake you!