Brookee's Reviews > The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Mar 12, 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Song.

Quotes Brookee Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Truth only means something when it's hard to admit.”

Nicholas Sparks
“you have to love something before you can hate it.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Mom says it's because she has PMS.
Do you even know what that means?
"I'm not a little kid anymore. It means pissed-at- men syndrome”

Nicholas Sparks
“I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That's how it often is. God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
tags: god

Nicholas Sparks
“He was ordinary in a world that loved the extraordinary.”

“Do you want a cookie?
- What?
- A cookie. Like an Oreo. Do you want one?
- How can you not want a cookie?
- I just don't.
- Okay, fine,let's say you did want a cookie. Let's say you were dying for a cookie, and there were cookies in the cupboard. What would you do?
- I'd eat a cookie?
- Exactly. That's all I'm saying.
- What are you saying?
- That if people want cookies, they should get a cookie. It's what people do.
- Let me guess. Dad won't let you have a
cookie?
- No. Even though I'm practically starving to death, he won't even consider it. He says I have to have a sandwich first.
- And you don't think that's fair.
- You just said you'd get a cookie if you wanted one. So why can't I? I'm not a little kid. I can make my own decisions.
- Hmm. I can see why this bothers you so
much.
- It's not fair. If he wants a cookie, he can have one. If you want a cookie,
you can have one. But if I want a cookie, the rules don't count. Like you
said, it's not fair.
- So what are you going to do?
- I'm going to eat a sandwich. Because I have to. Because the world isn't fair
to ten-year-olds.”

Nicholas Sparks
“In a lifetime of mistakes, you two are the greatest things that have ever happened to me.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I’m stuck babysitting turtle eggs while a volleyball player slash grease monkey slash aquarium volunteer tries to hit on me.”
I’m not hitting on you,” he protested.
Believe me, you’d know if I was hitting on you. You wouldn’t be able to stop yourself from succumbing to my charms.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Wait. Let me guess. You’re giving me the cold shoulder, right?”
With that, she sighed. “Shouldn’t you be with your friends, staring at yourselves in the mirror?”
He laughed. “That’s funny. I’ll have to remember that.”
“I’m not being funny. I’m being serious.”
“Oh, because we’re so good-looking”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's the first line in your book. I always thought there was a lot of truth in that. Or maybe that's what my English teacher said. I can't really remember. I read it last semester."

- Your parents must be so proud you can read."

- They are. They bought me a pony and everything when I did a book report on Cat in the Hat.”

Nicholas Sparks
“What were the odds that she'd turn away at the same instant the ball came flying her way? And that she'd be holding a soda in a crowd at a volleyball game she didn't even want to watch, in a place she didn't want to be? In a million years, the same thing should probably never happen again. With odds like that, she should have bought a lottery ticket.”

Nicholas Sparks
“He finally understood that God's presence was everywhere, at all times, and was experienced by everyone at one time or another.”

Nicholas Sparks
“People didn't change. they liked what they liked even if they didn't understand why.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Never forget that God is your friend. And like all friends, He longs to hear what's been happening in your life. Good or bad, whether it's been full of sorrow or anger, or even when you're questioning why terrible things have to happen.”
tags: god

Nicholas Sparks
“She squinted up at him. "But I haven't always made good decisions."

Pastor Harris smiled. "All that shows is that you're human.”