Amber Skye's Reviews > Angel Star

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Apr 03, 10

bookshelves: arc
Read from March 29 to April 02, 2010

Is it just me, or are vampires slowly but surely being replaced? Werewolf and angel novels are rapidly increasing in popularity, and this book proves that angels can be just as mysterious and beautiful as blood suckers. I'd been dying to read this book, and I was so excited to get my hands on an ARC copy.

This novel starts out by following what I like to call the Twilight blueprint. The average looking, normal girl falls for the mysterious, dark stranger. For some reason that the girl can't understand, this boy falls for her, too. Now, before you roll your eyes and give up on this book, let me say that Murgia's characters give the story a new twist. At first, I wasn't sure if she could pull it off, but Murgia steers the story in another direction and breaks free of the Twilight-type plot.

Murgia really is a very talented writer. Her words flow together flawlessly. She is able to convey Teagan's emotions perfectly, and the plot will have you reading late into the night. (Trust me- I'm speaking from experience)

Teagan is such a likable character. I was never annoyed with her or disappointed in her actions. She is a down-to-earth seventeen year old girl that most teens can relate to. While she is flawed, Teagan is also a good role model and strong young woman that I can admire. Garreth is every girl's dream protector. He's your classic, beautiful blonde boy. What's not to love?

But I'm going to give you a fair warning: the ending will leave you begging for a sequel. Jennifer, HOW could you do this to me???

I would recommend this book to most readers. It is a wonderful love story for those of us who can't get enough supernatural romance. Murgia is obviously talented and I am anxiously awaiting the sequel to Angel Star, Lemniscate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Star.

03/29/2010 page 1
0.4% "So excited to read this!"
show 5 hidden updates…