Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Dark Prince

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

Jul 02, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, audiobook-and-owned-book
Read from June 30 to July 02, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Re-read, this time by audiobooks.

Another example of me not liking the book as much 2nd time around. I found Raven very irritating. "So what if women known or guessed to be associating with vampires are being beheaded and their hearts cut out. I just had to take a walk alone in the woods. I'm an independent woman Hot Shot, if I feel like flying a kite, I do it! So there!" I'm going to lower this book's rating one star because I was very irritated and had a hard time finishing this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Domino (aka Meme) Carolyn, i totally agree with ur review. i couldn't even get through it. cause of this book i haven't read anything else by Feehan =(

Debbie Do you think the annoyance came from the audio book or the content? Now I am not sure I want to spoil the memory of the book by reading it again. Something to think about, thanks.

Carolyn F. Usually I love the book more after the audiobook, and I remember I liked this book when i first read it. But this time, ugh! It wasn't the narrator so much as the dialogue. This woman was beyond stupid and they had to keep reminding her of the threats out there. I didn't remember her constantly talking about her independent ways the first time around. FYI that kite thing I mention in the review, she actually said that. I've got most of the series on audiobook so hopefully it's just the 1st book. I've seen other people not liking it as much as the others in the series and this/was one of my favorite series. Hopefully, I'll love the next. I'm going to listen to another audiobook by another author first though. Give myself a Carpathian break.

Debbie I understand that. I think I do remember her being kind of ditsy about things, but still don't know if I will risk rereading it yet.
Thanks for the info.