Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > A Bend in the Road

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

This book contains everything that sparks is so well known for, Love, Loss, Tragedy, and small town life. This book was a page-turner, I wasn't able to put it down.

A Bend in the Road is about it Miles Ryan, a Sherrif in New Bern, Who lost his wife from a Hit and Run, leaving him a single father to 7 year old Jonah. While both are still trying to cope after 2 years since the loss of a mother and wife, Jonah seems to be having some trouble in school, Which leaves him needing extra help after school by his teacher Sarah Andrews. Sparks fly when Miles and Sarah meet, and Miles starts to feel that he is ready to move on since his wife's death, and pursue things further with Sarah...Until a shocking secret is revealed binding them in a way they never expected.

This book was a powerful love story, Which doesn't come as a surprise when your reading sparks's books, but this one had a good amount of suspense as well, I wasn't able to stop reading, I just wanted to get to the end and find out how everything unfolds. I would recommend this book to anyone. Sparks Fans will love this one, and this book will have sparks new comers coming back for more after they finish.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bend in the Road.