Melody's Reviews > Field Notes From a Catastrophe: Man, Nature and Climate Change

Field Notes From a Catastrophe by Elizabeth Kolbert

Jul 21, 14

bookshelves: wow-bookgroup
Read from March 18 to 23, 2010

I don't mean to imply that I don't think this is an important subject. And interesting - I do find it interesting. The topic, I mean. But the way Elizabeth presented it to me - not so much. Or maybe I wasn't in the mood for listening. I was flying to Santa Fe for god's sake. I was using more than my fair share of fossil fuels and merrily contributing to the melting of glaciers, the eliminating of the permafrost and the spewing of carbon dioxide willy nilly into the air. I did not want to have all that responsibility heaped on me as I set off for a vacation. She really gives us no hope you know. Her conclusion is that we will join the ranks of the Anasazis and the Olmecs because we've ignored the warnings for so long and now it is just too late. She wags her finger at Bush and Cheney - but I think she was talking to me too and I was just not in the mood to carry around all that guilt.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Field Notes From a Catastrophe.

Celene I also didn't like how she presented her information. It was too pessimistic and not encouraging at all.