logankstewart's Reviews > Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

Forgotten God by Francis Chan

May 03, 10

bookshelves: christianity, nonfic, own, 2010-read
Read from March 12 to May 01, 2010

My Sunday School class went through The Forgotten God, a chapter a week, and this book was great. This is the only Francis Chan book I've read, but it packs a powerful punch.

Chan challenges the reader instantly, calling our attention to the painful absence of the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives and actions. His simple and straightforward way of writing is not "in your face," but written with conviction and personal struggle.

With life stories and Biblical backing, Chan makes it clear what the Bible is telling us about the Spirit: we have neglected Him and we need Him in our lives. This book is not classically charismatic or extreme, but it is challenging of your typical comfort levels, declaring that if you're not uncomfortable and feeling awkward from time to time, then you likely are away from the Spirit.

Overall, I found this book amazing. It's enlightening and full of hope, and I feel like I've grown in my Walk some by applying the message. If you're looking for a book to challenge your Christian faith, Francis Chan's The Forgotten God definitely is it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten God.

03/25/2010 page 72