Lora Tihomirova's Reviews > Сънят на сукубата

Сънят на сукубата by Richelle Mead

Mar 22, 10

bookshelves: richelle-mead, vampires, angels, favorites
Read from March 17 to 22, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Сънят на сукубата.

Quotes Lora Liked

Richelle Mead
“You should make her call you ‘Miss Georgina,’” added Hugh with a mocking southern drawl. “Or at least ‘ma’am.’”
Niphon’s presence and Jerome’s lecture had put me in a grouchy mood. “I’m not doing any mentoring. She’s so gungho to take on the world’s male population, she doesn’t even need me.”
The three men exchanged more smirks. Cody made some hissing and meowing sounds, scratching at the air.
"This isn’t funny,” I said.
"Sure it is,” said Cody.”

Richelle Mead
“What hope is there?" I asked. "If even angels fall, what hope is there for the rest of us?”

Richelle Mead
“This is a, uh, friendship ring right?”

“Yeah, don’t worry. If I propose, you’ll know it. For one thing, I’ll be hyperventilating.” A sly smile—surprisingly sexy—turned up his lips. “And it’ll be a ruby.”

“Rubies? No diamonds? Too expensive for the old writer’s salary, huh?”

He made a disparaging grunt at that. “No, I just think diamonds are common, that’s all. If I get married, it’ll be because something uncommon is occurring. Besides, you wear a lot of red, right? I know how important it is for your accessories to match.”

Richelle Mead
“I just told you to be quiet. That's one step away from asking you to wash my laundry and make me a sandwich.”

Richelle Mead
“This is insane," I said blankly. "I'm the instrument of an all-powerful primordial deity's wave of chaos and destruction."

"That's kind of extreme" said Dante jovially. "It's not like you work for Google or anything.”

Richelle Mead
“Seth was a wonderful kisser. He gave the kind of kisses that melted into your mouth and filled you with sweetness. They were like cotton candy.”

Richelle Mead
“Hey, big spender,” I said.

He looked appreciative but more amused than anything else. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a one dollar bill.

“Hugh,” I said. “Don’t insult me.”

With a sigh, he produced a five and tucked it underneath my bra strap.

“Hey, Seth,” Cody suddenly said.

I looked up and saw Seth standing in the doorway. A look of comic bemusement was on his face.

“Hey,” he said, studying me. “So…you’re paying for dinner?”

Richelle Mead
“John Cusack is standing over there.”

I followed his incredulous gaze to where a man very like Mr. Cusack did indeed stand, smoking a cigarette as he leaned against a building. I sighed.

“That’s not John Cusack. That’s Jerome.”

“Seriously?”

“Yup. I told you he looked like John Cusack.”

“Keyword: looked. That guy doesn’t look like him. That guy is him.”

Richelle Mead
“What kind of sick bastard burns down a Christmas tree?”

Hugh and I exchanged glances. “That’s an excellent question,” I said dryly.

Peter looked startled. “Was it you?” he asked Hugh.

“No,” said the imp. “It was Carter.”

“Your Christmas tree was burned down by an angel?” asked Cody.

“Yup. The irony isn’t lost on me”

Richelle Mead
“Ooh. Top secret angel business, huh? What’re you going to do? Dance on a pinhead? Lobby for National Cute Puppy Day?”

“I’m a succubus.”

He shook his head. “No, you aren’t.”

“Yes, I am.”

“You aren’t.”

I was a bit surprised to be having this conversation. “I am too.”

“No. Succubi are flame-eyed and bat-winged. Everyone knows that. They don’t wear jeans and sweaters.”

Richelle Mead
“And you work for that demon, right? The one who looks like Matthew Broderick?”

“John Cusack,” I corrected. “He looks like John Cusack.”

“Whatever.”

Richelle Mead
“Feminist,” he said, clearly amused. “Next you’ll be telling us you hate men.”

She gave him a blank look. “I only hate stupid men who don’t actually understand what ‘feminist’ means.”

He laughed. “You run into a lot of men like that?”

“All the time.”

“Really?”

“Even as we speak, Nick.”

“Oh no she didn’t,” said Peter. I groaned.”

Richelle Mead
“The love in his eyes was so powerful, I needed to look away. Seth had an amazing grasp of the English language, but there were days when that skill was nothing compared to what he told me in his looks.”

Richelle Mead
“I disconnected as a sleepy Seth stepped out of the bedroom. “Who’s Dante? Was that a collect call to the Inferno?”

“They won’t accept the charges,” I murmured.”

Richelle Mead
“This is it?” I asked. “This is going to keep away an uber-powerful dream entity? It looks like a prop from The Blair Witch Project.”

“It can’t force her away,” he said. “Nothing can. But it might make her think twice. It’s more of...a repellent.”

“Like citronella?”

He rolled his eyes. “Yes, like citronella.”

Richelle Mead
“Me, I always wanted frost power.”

“Frost power?”

“Yeah.” Seth gestured dramatically toward my coffee table. “If we’re talking superhero abilities. If I had frost power, I could wave my hand, and suddenly that whole thing would be covered in ice.”

“Not frost?”

“Same difference.”

“How would frost and/or ice power help you fight crime?”

“Well, I don’t know that it would. But it’d be cool.”

Richelle Mead
“He laced his fingers through mine and lifted my hand to his lips. I had gloves on, but he kissed exactly where I wore his ring.

“Why are you so sweet?” I asked, my voice small. My heart beat rapidly, and every star peeping through the clouds seemed to be shining just for me.

“I don’t think I’m that sweet. I mean, I just told you to be quiet. That’s one step away from asking you to wash my laundry and make me a sandwich.”

“You know what I mean.”

Seth pressed another kiss to my forehead. “I’m sweet because you make it easy to be sweet.”

03/18/2010 page 1
03/21/2010 page 230
78.77% "Wow, if their theory is true...wow. Really love Seth, despite his stupid standing-in-front-of-the gun moment."
03/22/2010 page 296
100% "That's it. My heart is broken. I seriously felt cold when they broke up. The Maddie thing was sick. Ugh. Read 1 chapter of next book also."