Michelle's Reviews > Screen Play: A Novel

Screen Play by Chris Coppernoll

Mar 15, 10

bookshelves: blog-tour-book, christianfiction, forreview, forpleasure, favorite-2010
Read in March, 2010

Chris Coppernoll's contemporary romance "Screen Play" was thoroughly entertaining. And like any good romance, it made my heart pitter-patter and soar on more than one occasion. Add a little suspense, and the captivating effect was perfect.

I adored this story because I got lost in it's pages and lived in an entertaining alternate reality while I was reading. The character development was impeccable and the faith element was perfectly done. I said this before, but the romance literally took my breath away. Seriously. I can see why this novel got such a high rating from Romantic Times. It was a perfect novel in many respects. Several times I'd even forgotten it was written by a man because the author clearly understands a woman's heart. That, in and of itself, is impressive.

I also loved the setting. The various details in each portion of the book were so well developed and researched that I felt like I was in the story. I was Harper and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. She was one of the most believable and lovable modern era heroines I've found in a book in a long time. I also loved the secondary characters. Their drama gripped my heart and I loved how everything played out with it's highs and lows. Harper was such a good friend, but it went both ways. Avril was also there for Harper when she needed support. Did I mention that I was enthralled with this story?

The plot, the characters, everything about this story reeks of a novel that should be nominated for an award of some kind. If I had a chance to vote on a nomination, "Screen Play" would get mine...hands down.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Screen Play.

03/13/2010 page 36