Dannielle R's Reviews > The Lost Hours

The Lost Hours by Karen White

Mar 11, 10

Recommended to Dannielle by: My mom bought it for me
Recommended for: Every woman, nomatter her tastes
Read from March 09 to 11, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was such a powerful, poignant, beautifully written novel. The story was amazing and so very compelling, every character interesting and well developed, and her writing was fantastic. I enjoyed reading this, and for once I just wanted to soak up the story, enjoy the journey, and didn't want it to end. I loved the plot, and the actual story, but the message behind her words were more powerful in my opinion. It's what makes this such a great read.

Not only is this about discovering the past, but the process of grieving, grieving of all kinds, and the process of how everyone needs to "get back up on the horse before you forget why you got up there to begin with." It's about how it's never too late to get, or give, forgiveness. It's about how you always need to ask questions before it's too late. It makes you remember that the generations before us have a story to tell, and we owe it to them to listen.

"Every woman should have a daughtr to tell her stories to. Otherwise, the lessons learned are as useless as spare buttons from a discarded shirt. And all that is left is a fading name and the shape of a nose or the color of hair. The men who write the history books will tell you the stories of battle and conquests. But the women will tell you the stories of people's hearts."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hours.