Keli Gwyn's Reviews > A Distant Melody

A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin

Mar 11, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2010

Sarah Sundin made a sensational debut with her WWII romance. A Distant Melody grabbed me from the start and held me captive until the last page. Sundin’s characters, including those in supporting roles, are well crafted and leap off the page. I’d welcome Walt and Allie as friends. Though they’re imperfect people in need of the Lord’s guiding hand, they’re extremely likeable, and I ached to see the hardships they faced. After their meeting, which was such fun to read, the two are torn apart by the ravages of war. While Allie battles familial pressures and disappointments on the home front, pilot Lt. Walt Novak fights for the lives of his B-17 bomber crew in the skies over Europe. The battle scenes are gripping and yet tastefully portrayed. The depth of emotion in the story is incredible. At times, I laughed out loud; at others, I reached for the tissues. While I hadn’t been a fan of WWII stories, Sundin changed my mind. She’s become one of my must-read authors. I highly recommend A Distant Melody. My thanks to Revell for my review copy.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Distant Melody.