Shmiri's Reviews > Like the Flowing River

U_50x66
Apr 24, 10

bookshelves: spiritual-motivational
Read from March 11 to April 17, 2010

The book consists of short stories and tales by Paulo Coelho. The stories are very uplifting (even if all are not happy and joyous) and spiritual and most are things that have happened to him on his journeys, or legends and tales he has heard from people he's met. Some are just thoughts and views that have been born in his mind triggered by everyday life or his surroundings.

As is typical to Coelho's writing style and personal beliefs, God keeps being mentioned but as Coelho's view on religion is that all religions lead to the same god, I would recommend the book to anyone. I consider Coelho's work spiritual, not religious, and I think his novels and stories offer a lot of food for thought and advice to anyone and everyone that they can apply in their thoughts and actions to find a more meaningful life and peace of mind.

Btw, I have loved some of Coelho's books, while some I could not make myself finish (yet).. I find the short stories in Flowing River are among some of his better works. They are easy to finish and as they are short, they are very to-the-point and the reader is allowed to build their own views as well as listen to the author's voice and views.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like the Flowing River.