Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)'s Reviews > One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

I think that this is a very well written book and I found it interesting with a good variety of characters. Although I did think that it was good, it wasn't a book that had me wanting to read more -- though I'm not quite sure why. There was no real turning points or highly enthralling situations, in my opinion. I did enjoy reading about the ward and I was very fond of the ending. I think that this book also allows us to reflect on certain issues - e.g. Whether mental illness has power. Wonderfully written, but not entirely gripping.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Ken Kesey
“All I know is this: nobody's very big in the first place, and it looks to me like everybody spends their whole life tearing everybody else down.”
Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Ken Kesey
“Never before did I realize that mental illness could have the aspect of power, power. Think of it: perhaps the more insane a man is, the more powerful he could become. Hitler an example. Fair makes the old brain reel, doesn't it?”
Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest