Naveed's Reviews > The Richest Man in Babylon: Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century

The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

Jun 10, 11

Read from April 25 to May 24, 2011 — I own a copy

A wonderful read. Simple and clear concepts which some may have certainly heard before, nonetheless repetition and diligence is key to successful personal finance. But what I loved about this book and what will certainly cause me to pick it up again was the style of parables and stories in which it was written. This isn't a "go do this" book. It's a story about an ancient town, one where the walls surrounding the town rise up high enough that the outsiders only can dream of the wealth and fortune within those walls. But within those walls lies diverse individuals just like modern day. How did Arkad, the richest man in Babylon, amass such wealth when this same mane was once a slave? What advice can the local gold lender provide? How did the tables turn for one who was indebted to others so much that he fleed Babylon and stayed in hiding for decades? What caused one slave to garner smiles among all those around him, while another ultimately died laying brick in the equatorial sun?

Just a wonderfully exciting story that carries timeless personal finance methods with it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Richest Man in Babylon.