Jodi's Reviews > Soul Survivor: How Thirteen Unlikely Mentors Helped My Faith Survive the Church

Soul Survivor by Philip Yancey

Nov 04, 10

Read from March 11 to May 15, 2010

Not a quick read, but one that challenges my attitudes and belief structure in a good way. This book makes me want to be a better person and Christian. It makes me examine my faith in a practical way. We're not talking "tea party" fanaticism here; we're talking about living life with the realization that whatever I do or say, or don't do or say, can have a profound affect on those around me. This book is about real people, who are nothing special in their own minds, but who leave a legacy of the true meaning of loving your neighbor just by living their lives with an awareness of the needs of those around them.

Sadly, I stalled out and couldn't read the last couple of chapters. I got the gist of it and am more knowledgable as a result, but just couldn't pick it up to read the last two. This isn't normal for me, I usually will finish a book even if I have to skim the pages to get to the end, but for some reason I just never found the time to pick it back up and am on to other books that are holding my interest more at this point.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Survivor.

03/11/2010 page 15
07/29/2010 page 228
65.0% "Not the kind of book you can read in one sitting. One that I go back to at times when my mind is clear and my heart is open."
show 1 hidden update…