Bill's Reviews > More Information Than You Require

More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman

Mar 17, 10

Read from March 11 to 15, 2010

When reading a Hodgman book, you know exactly what you're getting into: a hilarious faux-almanac cooked up with a wealth of tweaked facts and imitation classed-up English. I will say, however, this time around I got a little weary of the "fact for a day" on each page. I get the gag, some of them were really good, but being a traditionalist (and kind of an asshole at times) I get a little burnt out on the "let me find a good stopping place on this page to read the little tidbit in the corner" routine. Also, the mole-man list in this book just doesn't stand up to hobo name list from his first.

Still, having gotten my gripes out, I still giggled like a schoolgirl that just heard the word 'titmouse' when I read this book. The man is just plain funny, and in the end, isn't that what you're paying for?
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Information Than You Require.

03/11/2010 page 495
100%
03/11/2010 page 275
74.73% "At least that's about it. If you've read this book, you know the numbering is a little wonky."
show 1 hidden update…