Stamyr's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mar 15, 2010

bookshelves: good-reads
Read from March 10 to 15, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

Quotes Stamyr Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Really, the combination of the scabs and the ointment looks hideous. I can't help enjoying his distress.
"Poor Finnick. Is this the first time in your life you haven't looked pretty?" I say.
"It must be. The sensation's completely new. How have you managed it all these years?" he asks.
"Just avoid mirrors. You'll forget about it," I say.
"Not if I keep looking at you," he says.”

Suzanne Collins
“I turn and put my lips close to Peeta's and drop my eyelids in imitation... "He offered me sugar and wanted to know all my secrets," I say in my best seductive voice.”

Suzanne Collins
“But I have to confess, I'm glad you two had at least a few months of happiness together."
I'm not glad," says Peeta. "I wish we had waited until the whole thing was done officially."
This takes even Caesar aback. "Surely even a brief time is better than no time?"
Maybe I'd think that, too, Caesar," says Peeta bitterly, "If it weren't for the baby.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm going to wake Peeta," I say.
"No, wait," says Finnick. "Let's do it together. Put our faces right in front of his."
Well, there's so little opportunity for fun left in my life, I agree. We position ourselves on either side of Peeta, lean over until our faces are inches frim his nose, and give him a shake. "Peeta. Peeta, wake up," I say in a soft, singsong voice.
His eyelids flutter open and then he jumps like we've stabbed him. "Aa!"
Finnick and I fall back in the sand, laughing our heads off. Every time we try to stop, we look at Peeta's attempt to maintain a disdainful expression and it sets us off again.”

Suzanne Collins
“I pull an arrow, whip the notch into place, and am about to let it fly when I'm stopped by the sight of Finnick kissing Peeta. And it's so bizarre, even for Finnick.”

Suzanne Collins
“And so I'm stupid for thinking they might be useful. Because of something Johanna Mason said while she was oiling her breasts for wrestling.”

“What about you?"

"Not a clue. I keep wishing I could bake a cake or something.”

Suzanne Collins
“You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him.”

Suzanne Collins
“I guess this is a bad time to mention I hung a dummy and painted Seneca Crane's name on it...”

Suzanne Collins
“I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me.”
Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

03/15/2010 "OMG I JUST FINISHED CATCHING FIRE, I CRIED. OMGOMGOMG! LOOOOVE IT !"