Shawna Williams's Reviews > Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

Fearless by Max Lucado

Mar 10, 2010

Have you ever felt like a book was written with your most overwhelming fears specifically in mind? That's how I felt as I read, "Fearless," by Max Lucado. Mr. Lucado addressed numerous worrisome issues, such as fear of violence, death, and the uncertainty of tomorrow. He even tackled that forbidden little question that pops up at the most unexpected times, and casts doubt upon the very foundation of a Christian belief: "What if God's not real?"

Using scripture, personal examples, and allegory, Lucado encouraged me; reminded me of the almighty strength of Christ my Redeemer. And that trust in Him is unfailing, no matter the earthly outcome. I needn't be afraid.

I could only take the book in small doses before I'd have to close it. That's not because I was bored. It's because every few pages I found myself thinking, "Oh...that's me," and then I'd tear up to the point that I couldn't see. I needed time to settle. I also didn't want to get the pages all wet.

Lucado closes the book with a truly inspiring example coming from a small boy in Africa, whom upon witnessing the destruction of his home by fire, uttered words of praise, otherworldly and wise.

To quote his first few lines:

"Through wind and rain
Through fire and lava
The Lord will never leave you.
Through earthquakes and floods
Through changing sea levels and burning ash
The Lord will never leave you.
If you love Him, He will bless you
and He will give you many things."

He will give you courage, He will give you peace. He will strengthen you, and make you fearless indeed!

I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.