Natalia's Reviews > Body of Evidence

Mar 30, 10

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook, library, 2010
Read from March 10 to 24, 2010

This book gets 5 stars for the interesting story, and 1 star for the *terrible* reading, for an average of 3 stars. (The version my library had was read by Donada Peters - there are, as far as I can tell, 3 different audio versions of this book that have been recorded by different readers.)

Anyway, I don't want to say that Ms Peters is a categorically bad ready, but she is an abysmal choice for this book. She is British (perhaps this recording was originally for the British market?) and does not sound even remotely like a person who grew up in Miami and has been living and working in Virginia for her adult life. the accent is a major distraction. She also struggled with Marino - he sounded like Miss Marple trying to talk like a man.

The story on the other hand - I enjoyed the twists and turns, got caught up in some of the characters, and I enjoyed how all the pieces didn't quite wrap up in a single pat explanation (real life is never that neat)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body of Evidence.

03/10/2010 page 1
10.0% "(disc 1) oof. They picked a much worse reader for this book than for Postmortem. Weird, weird accent, not a good choice for Kay."
03/14/2010 page 3
30.0% "(disc 3) Her computer didn't have a hard drive, just two floppy drives. I love reading older books that were contemporary at the time."