Emily Liz's Reviews > Acheron

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

3419352
Mar 10, 10

Read in April, 2008

This book was pretty sad because the main character was treated badly by everyone. I found myself depressed half way in the book. Everyone seemed to betray him his family, friends, people and LOVER that new him, through out the story.I keep on wondering when he'd get his revenge because, I mean everyone was cruel to him. I found myself wanting to save him for all the horrible thing that were being done to him.

The first part of the book deals with his past and childhood. It's not an easy read but it explains everything and is well written. It gives you the background of what makes Ash who he his today. That was ok....

The second half of the book was not as captivating for me. When we move into present day and the story focuses on the romance, it shifts tone completely and becomes more of an airy, light read typical of the genre. I found it hard to believe Acheron overcame his objection to love so quickly and felt like Tory was a bit too accepting of him when revealed.

The plot was good and moved well, and the characters were compelling as always. I think my main problem was the shift in tone.

I think the authur really should have stopped at the first part of the book. But and dedicated a whole separate book to the current day and his love story. It felt WAY too rushed and quick for a man who has lived 11,000 + years. Final at the end of the book he started to feel that he had a purpose in life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acheron.