thelastaerie's Reviews > Take My Picture

Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis

Mar 12, 10

Read from March 10 to 12, 2010

Not working for me. The story itself is not implausible, but I didn't see the conflict because it was never fleshed out - except both characters (annoyingly) refused to acknowledge what they have was more than friendship. But why? I finished the book not really knowing that.

There are some fanciful descriptions of how much these two meant to each other - all the hopelessly romantic things they did for each other - however, they come across as - just that - fanciful. OK, they met, they pretty much fell in love with each other right away but hid behind jokes and banters - but WHY? Apart some occasionally "shy" or "odd" adjectives - I failed to see why these two would refuse to acknowledge their love for each other, I also failed to see the connection between them.

And that's one of the major problems for me: there are non-stop silly (or lovely to some) banters throughout their interaction, and they just seem forced to me. It's like a scene would have to get through 20 lines of banter to get to what the scene is supposed to achieve. And because the conversation don't seem real to me, in the end, the characters don't seem real to either.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take My Picture.

Leslie Nicoll Well, the way I saw it was that they were unable to acknowledge their love for each other because they were afraid that would destroy their friendship. Being friends was the most important thing. And then, when their friendship was threatened, they realized what was between them.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you; I really loved this story.

Leslie

thelastaerie Leslie wrote: "Well, the way I saw it was that they were unable to acknowledge their love for each other because they were afraid that would destroy their friendship. Being friends was the most important thing. A..."

I guess that's the problem, I didn't buy the connection when they first met and I didn't buy the friendship that forwards. The banter really irritates me, and apparently that's how they form their affection, so it's all downhill for me from the start.

Having said that, I understand others will find it a witty and light-hearted read. Just not for me.