Tabs's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

it was ok
bookshelves: vampires
Recommended for: No
Read from March 10 to 15, 2010 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Molly Harper straddled the borders of plagiarism to the point of embarrassment. Each page you opened has a pop culture reference that I was ashamed to actually know but each time she dropped a name of a book, movie or person (Dick Cheney & Lindsey Lohan) it made me want to throw the book across the room. That is not the plagiarism part.

Sookie Stackhouse Similarities (Stackhouse books are not something you should be proud to steal from)
Fake bottled blood you have to microwave
walmart references
vamps coming out of the coffin - witty banter kept me reading cause i would have dropped the book about here.
Mind reading
Gabe’s old home and family history of being a resident of wherever it was the book was located
Southern vampire (Texas)
Dick Cheney (gag me with a spoon)
Mind reading
Worrying about money
Not taking money from Gabe when help offered
Vamps crying blood
Dead grandmother
Sexually inexperienced
House of fire – Dick’s trailer blows up.
Werewolves

Dead and unwed
Losing a job
Overbearing mother
Senseless death

There is so much more in this book that made me think Molly was actually a librarian who decided to write her own novel or a computer program that chewed up a whole bunch of crappy vamp novels and spat out this book.

On the flip side – I read the whole book, which is a tribute to the writer, if not for the witty lead character and quips that make you put the book down and laugh, I would not have read the book.

Also I think I read the whole thing to see just how much as in how far Molly would go with the literature references, granted the main character was a librarian, I enjoyed the jumbled mess that was the plot, the characters (pink Juicy tracksuit) come on.

It gave me joy to read this book because I thought if she could get published there is hope for me.
19 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.

03/10/2010 page 77
21.69% "like it so far, witty, makes me laugh."
03/11/2010 page 150
42.25% "Still laughing"

'maniell Dulay hahaha! Same thoughts. I just KNEW those came from somewhere.