Sheila Beaumont's Reviews > We All Fall Down

We All Fall Down by Simon Wood

Mar 10, 10

bookshelves: mysteries-suspense-thrillers, adult-fiction
Read in November, 2009

This is a true thriller, a suspenseful, fast-paced, action-filled tale with earthshaking consequences at stake. The story involves a young man, Hayden Duke, who has hired on as a contractor for a government project at Marin Design Engineering; some mysterious apparent suicides of some of the firm's employees; a disastrous, fatal arson fire at MDE headquarters; and the efforts of Hayden and Rebecca, sister of one of the purported suicides, to find out exactly what's behind all these deaths and to thwart whatever possibly world-endangering scientific deviltry is going on.

Hayden and Rebecca are likable, if rather naive, characters that I cared about. They had quite a few TSTL (Too Stupid To Live) and NTB (Not Too Bright) moments, enough to make me fear for their lives. But it all certainly did make for an enthralling, entertaining read and a thrilling climax. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good thriller with a strong, complex plot, lots of twists and turns, and excellent characters, good and bad.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We All Fall Down.