Andy's Reviews > Creepers

Creepers by David Morrell

M_50x66
Mar 10, 10

Read in March, 2010

As they say, "An image is worth a thousand words.". Well for this book, only 388 pages worth. But the sheer suspense this novel brings to the reader makes it worth every drop of sweat you perspire, every nail you bite off and every time you feel butterflies in your stomach.
In simple terms, while you read this book, you become your own worst enemy. You mind will bring out the dark side of your imagination, exposing the horrible thoughts inside your head. While the book may not go as far as your mind does, the sense of unknowing will defiantly keep you wondering, “Why didn’t I think of that?”

The novel needs no introduction, and doesn’t have one either. The author throws you instantly into the situation, keeping you wondering the whole way through. With many holes to how it all came to be, you create your own prelude to the story, until the author slowly pieces it all together for you. Believe me, you cannot guess anything in this story.

It doesn’t take long for them to get into the hotel, but takes even less time to discover some horrors about it. The author is really good at misleading you, like a van painted on the side, “Free Candy”. As the famous quote states, “You think you know, but you have no idea.”
They say you can never be too cautious, but this still didn’t help the creepers from the dangers within. The slightest actions caused them horrific dangers, things they can only regret, things you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemies.

If you thought the number 666 was bad, I think I can say 610 is worse. Opening this door was like opening Pandora’s Box, letting out extensive amount of troubles. If only the characters could see even one of them. I think “Do Not Disturb” was a very appropriate sign hanging on the door. If you thought putting the sign on your door kept everyone safe since you’re not a morning person, I think I can say behind Room 610, there is something that can even wake you up. No, it’s not coffee.

You will only need that cup of coffee once, to wake up after a long sleepless night once you finish this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creepers.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman Andy, your review was...CREEPY...in a good way, of course!