Peds's Reviews > Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

Nov 20, 07

bookshelves: series

So my first review since my friend invited me to Goodreads is this book. It is my guilty pleasure, obviously. Before you judge me for reading the series (yes, I am addicted and I do have all the GG books), let's see what the book offers.

The series begins with this pilot edition. The main character, interestingly, remains anonymous. Going by the obvious name, Gossip Girl keeps the reader updated on what is going on in a New York clique of rich, beautiful people who think that the world is at their feet. They go to private schools, ride around in a limo, wear the latest, just-off-the-runway fashion, and their biggest worry is how to make use their parents' wealth this week.

On-and-off friendship, demanding parents, scandalous relationship, with fashion emergencies in between; those are the things readers will find in the book. There is the highly-attractive girl that stuns every person she passes; the pretty, naive-yet-bitchy best friend; a lost, rich, gorgeous boy who is clueless about life; the quiet, artsy boy who does not belong; and of course, an innocent girl who tries so hard to belong. Those are just a few of the characters.

It does not require thinking, and it is so addictive that I think you will only need a little time to finish a copy. Which is why I always cannot wait for the next edition to come. Somehow, the book keeps me feeling like I am still in adolescence years, even though please note that does not necessarily mean I was like one of them back in high school.

This book is nice for pure entertainment. xoxo.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gossip Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelstar (new)

Kelstar It's my guilty pleasure too. The books are pretty crappy, but it's a super easy read and definitely pure entertainment. Sometimes you need that.