Kim's Reviews > The Devouring

The Devouring by Simon Holt

Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: ya, horror-ish, read-in-2011
Read from January 16 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy

3.5 stars. It was fun to read but I would have like this much more if I'd been at least 10 years younger. I don't have a lot to say about this book to be honest.

Some scenes in the book are really trying to gross you out and I wonder if anything will happen with Aaron.

It was good enough to make me want to find out what's next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devouring.

01/16/2011 page 50
01/17/2011 page 120
50.0% "Brrr, I hate creepy kids" 2 comments
01/18/2011 page 209
87.0% "Tina, I don't know, the descriptions are pretty graphic." 7 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ I still have these books hiding somewhere. Let me know if this would scare the crap out me, will ya?

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim I've seen a lot of 'OMFGCREEPY' comments, so let me get back to you on that. It looks promising. I will try to give you a good idea of how 'bad' it is.

Lora Tina wrote: "I still have these books hiding somewhere. Let me know if this would scare the crap out me, will ya?"

Probably only if you have arachnophobia. I've only read the first one, though;)

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Lora wrote: "Tina wrote: "I still have these books hiding somewhere. Let me know if this would scare the crap out me, will ya?"

Probably only if you have arachnophobia. I've only read the first one, though;)"

Balls.

Lora Kim, I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how does "balls" apply to what I said? (Just wondering . . .)

message 6: by Kim (last edited Jan 16, 2011 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim I'm scared of spiders. And by scared I mean call-the-fire-brigade-scared.

(of course it's not a stupid question)

Lora Oh! Good luck with this one, then! I'm not too scared of spiders (at least not as much as I used to be;), but I found this one pretty creepy. (o_O)

message 8: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Kim wrote: "I'm scared of spiders. And by scared I mean call-the-fire-brigade-scared.

(of course it's not a stupid question)"

Oooh, I forgot to tell you! Last night, when we got back to the hotel there was a monster spider sitting in the toilet in my bathroom O_o But thanks to my good old friend Mr. Liquor I was able to surpress my sudden need to call the reception and scream for help ^^

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Please tell me you killed it/drowned it/flushed it/set it on fire?

Usually I'm the target, but maybe that law only counts in Belgium, and you are the lucky German girl.

Brrrrr...

message 10: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica I flushed it :D

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim That's my girl!

Just remember, my deodorant spray and my lighter are always ready for you.

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Kim, yeah. Spiders are rather prominent in this book. I hope you like it though. Very Goosebump-y. Mindless fun!

message 13: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Spiders? Why does it always have to be spiders!

message 14: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Aww screw it! I'm gonna try this one out! Thanks for the review!

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim It wasn't much of a review Tina, but thanks anyway =)

Um... happy-ish... reading.