Laura's Reviews > The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife

The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife by Jillian Hunter

Mar 10, 10

bookshelves: romance-and-or-erotica, read-in-2010
Read from March 09 to 10, 2010

Ultimately disappointing because there wasn't much there. Perhaps if I had read the previous books that Harriet was in, I would have had some character development, but I hate that sort of forced interconnectiveness (totally not a word) anyway. I liked both the hero and heroine, but thier love and attraction was so quick, one moment they meet, the next he is forcing her to make out with him where they could be easily caught. One minute he sweeps her out of the slums very protectively, the next he is ravishing her in a carriage. Meh.

The entire "plot" aspects felt as if there was more there than I got to read, things happened with no real explanation, and there were lots of unanswered questions. I am sure that a book that is Edlyn's story will come out, and all of this is meant to be sequel bait, but it didn't feel like "I'd better read the next so I can answer these questions!", it felt like there wasn't enough in THIS story for it to qualify as a whole book.

I did like the touch of Griffin buying the scandal rags not to save her from seeing them, but because they turned him on. That was pretty funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife.